I feel funny. You know sometimes my mind is like a monster—overwhelmed with memories and visions of the past and the future and the present. On bad days, I find myself fighting the idea of graduating constantly and on good days, I’m not. But still try to put the best intent in my mind and heart and hope that my actions are always connected because this is really big! I’m almost, almost there.
Today I randomly wandered into an empty classroom to finish my take home exam and found this written on the table:
“Reach for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars”
That quote unlocked the furthest memories for me. I remember West Virginia. This quote was brightly painted on a wooden board, on the playground above the picnic tables at the community center. I remember summer evenings, I’d go out on the playground, lay on the grass and play on the swing for hours. I remember before going back inside each time, I would repeat this quote over and over and over again in my head. At that time, I thought it was the corniest quote EVER. I think I even suggested people to change it lol seriously, what in the world is with all these quotes and proverbs about the sky and the stars and life and stuff? But as corny as it was, I understood.
Stars hide up there and you dream here with your doubts…with minutes and seconds that fly by. I’m sure we all know how it feels like to be part of a dream that is SO real, that it felt real. Because nothing can be compared to a GREAT dream right? Sometimes it feels like dreams end too quickly while nightmares last way too long and because of fear, we choose to not dream anymore and wake up.
So if Disney movies have taught us that a dream is a wish our heart makes, and our instinct teaches us to follow our hearts, why not follow them? As crazy as it seems, why not turn them into reality? What it’s saying…I think: defy the familiar, the comfort and the fear. Instead, reach for the unusual because you’d be surprised at what you can make come true.
This was a good reminder. Whoever wrote this on the table, props to them ;) hahah. I know these coming months will be hard but I’m ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment